Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spring Classes

I'm sure any college students that are reading this are gearing up to head back to school for the Spring semester. We've all been home for a month, and as amazing as it is to be home I'm sure we are all itching to get back and see our friends. The 2nd semester is exciting because some maybe graduating, and everyone else is working towards summer break! It does come with a price tag, though, some larger than others.

Here's the breakdown of next semester for me, as well as what it will cost:
Constitutional Criminal Procedure - $100
Being a Criminal Justice major, and looking to go onto law school after college, I am very excited to take this class. We will be reviewing hundreds of U.S. Supreme Court decisions, their effects, and the reasons behind the decisions. This is probably the class that I am most excited for, bring on the case briefs!
Medical Ethics - $66
I am contemplating adding a minor in philosophy to my transcript because I think the critical thinking that comes along with philosophy will help get my mind out of the box. Being able to use reasoning and logic is a big part of the entrance exam, or LSAT, for law school and I need to be reason my way through multi-part problems.
Research Methods - $126
This is a required class that I'm not all too excited for. We are put into groups of two and we pick a topic to research, then we are given a list of 30 students we have to interview about our topic. The list consists of mostly freshman who try to avoid being contacted at all costs, and this is where it turns into a manhunt. We have to e-mail, mail, call, text, and even go to their rooms and force them to take the survey. We get a grade on our final presentation, but also how many people we got in contact with, so these little buggers literally have our grades resting on them -_-
Internship with District Attorey
I was accepted into the internship program for the spring, and I chose to work at what I thought would get me the most hands on experience in my field! I am very VERY eager to do some work for them, and I hope to make a good impression. Working for the prosecutors office is my long term goal. I need to put in 125 hours over the semester, which works out to about 2 days a week. I'm sure by the end of this internship I will learn maybe valuable skills. I'll be able to make a mean cup of coffee, turn out copies like a beast, and lay down the LAW!

So yeah, that's my next semester in a nutshell. For anyone reading that has taken the LSAT's, is in law school, or is currently a lawyer feel free to shoot me a message because I am looking for all the help I can get before I apply. Let's have a chat!

-Kyle

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be a stressful semester, but I know we'll be good!
    My price tag is similarly large... I'm luckier than most having you to help me with Medical Ethics, though. Hopefully I can find the money for it.

    Love you! Jenna

    ReplyDelete